Aim: To give pupils an understanding of tropical rainforests and better knowledge of the animals that can be found there and how they survive.
- Where rainforests are found and the habitat layers within them.
- How different animals have adapted to live in different habitat layers.
- Animals usually inherit these adaptations from their parents.
- That living things can be sorted into groups.
- Some basic food chains within the rainforest and how animals find their food.
Curriculum for Excellence links:
SCN; 1-01a, 1-02a, 1-12b, 1-14a, 1-20a. SOC; 1-12b, 1-13b. LIT; 1-02a, 1-10a. HWB; 1-33a, 1-47a, 1-50a. TCH; 1-02a, 1-09a.